Essential oils can also be used in cooking! These muffins are fantastic and will be gone before you know it. They tasted so fresh and lemon-y. See the recipe below:
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup natural apple sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Small box (3.5 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon poppyseed (optional)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 drops Blue Nutra Lemon oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, applesauce and oil. Blend well. Fill each muffin tin half way with batter.
- 3. Bake for 12 minutes.
- 4. Make the glaze while the cakes are baking. Sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, lemon oil, oil and 3 tablespoons water.
- 5. Dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they’re still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible, or spoon the glaze over the warm cupcakes, turning them to completely coat. Place on wire racks with wax paper underneath to catch any drips. Let the glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hour.